We provide a comprehensive level of support and after sales service to protect your online brand and digital presence, offering peace of mind that your services are proactively supported and carefully monitored.
Our team of digital specialists pride ourselves on providing excellent customer services and effective digital marketing, both of which can only be achieved with exceptional reliability and rapid response in the event of any unforeseen problems.
Technical support is required for all websites and hosted applications to ensure maximum security and performance is maintained. Technical support is defined as bugs or technical issues which affect the normal operation of the site or service in line with the agreed specification. It does not cover changes to the website, new features, training or ongoing digital marketing services – although these can be provided as part of a maintenance package.
S+J Basic Package Technical support includes;
- Support during UK office hours Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm, excluding UK bank holidays
- Unlimited support requests by phone, email or support ticket
- Maintain Functionality
- Maintain Security
- Regular Updates: Theme, Plugins
- Maintain & Improve Page Speed
- Regular backup of the websites for rolling 2 week period
- Management of the infrastructure which hosts your website including server software, and extensions, connectivity and security
- Recovery and remedial repair in the event of service disruption
Technical support excludes;
- Updates required as a result of API changes
- Data recovery from user error
- Data recovery from negligence (includes not making updates, subscribing to a maintenance package, or loss of login credentials.)
- Change requests from clients
- Additional Annual Plugin fees required specifically for the site
- Emergency maintenance due to client error
- Restore from backup
- Adhoc support for fixes, new features or updates outside of being maintained
Additional level of Technical Support available in our Classic, Advanced and Bespoke packages can include:
- 24/7 website server support (Not available on shared server packages.)
- Priority support for urgent issues
- Bug fixing and problem resolution
- Recovery from hack or attack – (Does not include user error or negligence)
- Regular backup of the websites for longer than a rolling 2 week period
|Issue severity||Description||Response time|
|Critical||Complete loss of service||0.5 working days|
|Major||Severe loss of service or significant problems with main features||1 working day|
|Minor||Minor loss of service where impact is an inconvenience||3 working days|
Out of hours support or alternative response times can be arranged if necessary, but the above reflects our standard offering suitable for most business critical and transactional websites.
- Technical support contracts are for a minimum 12 month period with review periods at quarterly intervals.
- 30 days notice is required for termination in line with our standard terms and conditions.
- Website issues must be reported within 10days of identification of issue
- When restoring from a backup, any site changes or orders placed since the last backup may not be restored. We will aim to export orders and re-import, but not guaranteed.
If you feel for any reason that you are not receiving a high level of service from the technical support team please raise your concerns with:
1. Day to day contact / Project Manager
2. Sophie Murphy / COO & Co Founder
3. Josh Murphy, CEO & Founder
Out of office support is available via email and telephone by prior arrangement only.
We will endeavour to upgrade to the latest major version releases, however this is not always possible without considerable additional development work which falls outside of the scope of technical support. In these cases we will do any necessary research and testing to enable us to provide you with an estimate to complete the work.
Where clients or 3rd parties have direct access to the codebase (via FTP, SSH or through the CMS), any remedial work resulting from their actions is out of scope of this support contract and will be charged at your usual rate. Likewise recovery from or investigation into problems they cause is out of scope.
Where we provide a technical support service for websites or applications hosted by or integrated with 3rd parties these times may be affected by the 3rd party response and availability. We will produce a ‘ways of working’ document which details roles and responsibilities in this scenario.
Please see our full Terms & Conditions
Let’s create something together that we can all be proud of.